2023 is promising to be an exciting year of innovation. Here are some of the key trends in AI that are expected to unfold.
Transformation accross multiple industries
Greater use of AI in customer service: AI-powered chatbots and virtual assistants are already being used by many companies to handle customer inquiries and complaints. In 2023, we can expect to see these technologies become even more sophisticated and widespread, allowing companies to provide 24/7 customer support while improving customer satisfaction.
Development of AI-powered home automation: AI is already being used in smart home devices such as thermostats and security cameras, but in 2023 we can expect to see the development of even more advanced AI-powered home automation systems. These systems may be able to learn and adapt to a homeowner’s preferences and habits, making it easier to control and manage the various devices in a home.
Expanded use of AI in transportation: AI is already being used in self-driving cars and trucks, and in 2023 we can expect to see the development of even more advanced AI-powered transportation systems. This may include the use of AI to optimize traffic flow in cities, reduce accidents and congestion, and improve the efficiency of public transportation.
Greater integration of AI in education: AI has the potential to transform education by providing personalized learning experiences and adapting to a student’s individual needs. In 2023, we can expect to see AI being used more widely in education for tasks such as grading assignments, providing personalized learning recommendations, and helping students learn more efficiently.
Increased adoption of AI in healthcare: AI has the potential to revolutionize the healthcare industry by automating tasks, improving diagnosis accuracy, and enabling personalized medicine. In 2023, we can expect to see AI being used more widely in healthcare for tasks such as analyzing medical images, predicting patient outcomes, and identifying potential epidemics.
Key Trends identified by Forbes – 10 AI Predictions For 2023
1) GPT-4 will be released in the next couple months—and yes, it will be a big deal.
2) We are going to start running out of data to train large language models.
3) For the first time, some members of the general public will begin using fully driverless cars as their day-to-day mode of transportation.
4) Midjourney will raise venture capital funding.
5) Search will change more in 2023 than it has since Google went mainstream in the early 2000s.
6) Efforts to develop humanoid robots will attract considerable attention, funding and talent. Several new humanoid robot initiatives will launch.
7) The concept of “LLMOps” will emerge as a trendy new version of MLOps.
8) The number of research projects that build on or cite AlphaFold will surge.
9) DeepMind, Google Brain, and/or OpenAI will undertake efforts to build a foundation model for robotics.
10) Many billions of dollars of new investment commitments will be announced to build chip manufacturing facilities in the United States as the U.S. makes contingency plans for Taiwan.
If you are interested in better understanding the opportunities for your business. Get in touch! We are here to help.
by Steve Nouri